EXTENSION VISA FEE
What is visa extension or renewal?
This section will let you know what is exactly visa extension and renewal in Vietnam and how they are different from each other.
Visa extension is an action that is applied for foreigners who wish to prolong their current stay in Vietnam without leaving the country. By this action, you will get an extension stamp on your passport indicating your new stay duration.
Note: Visa extension is good for single entry only.
Visa renewal almost the same as visa extension as it also allows foreigners to extend their stay in Vietnam without leaving the country.
However, if you renew visa, you will be granted a new visa sticker and stay duration stamp on your passport with the new duration permission. And therefore, the visa renewal fee is higher than the visa extension fee because you must pay stamping fee and visa sticker fee.
Note: This service is now not offered by the Vietnam Immigration Office. We will keep you updated immediately upon new developments.
Visa Extension/Renewal Requirements
To extend/review Vietnam visa, your original passport must:
- be valid for at least 06 months from the time of extension/renewal.
- have at least 02 blank pages.
Why should you choose a visa extension?
- The only choice to continue remaining in Vietnam legally after your visa expiry date without leaving the country as visa runis not available during COVID 19
- Save your cost as the extension fee is much cheaper than the renewal fee.
- Avoid being taken into the blacklist of the Vietnam Immigration Department because of overstaying.
- Have more time to settle your business in Vietnam which might be interrupted if you leave Vietnam and then come back with a new visa, or cannot come back in COVID 19.
Where to Extend Visa in Vietnam
The following Immigration offices are those in charge of extending visa in Vietnam.
- Hanoi immigration office: 44-46 Tran Phu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Immigration office in Da Nang: 78 Le Loi, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Immigration office in Ho Chi Minh City: 196 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh city
- Working hours: Monday-Friday (Morning: 7am – 11h30am; Afternoon: 1h30pm – 5pm) and Saturday (Morning time only)
How to extend Vietnam visa
You can apply for a visa extension on your own directly at the Vietnam Immigration Department or apply through our Vietnam visa extension service for your convenience.
In case you use our visa extension service, you only need to go through the following 3 steps to get your visa successfully extended.
- Step 1: Send us soft copy of your passport and the page containing your current Vietnam visa and we will inform whether your visa can be extended or not
- Step 2: Send your original passport to our address and pay the extension fee
- Step 3: Get your passport with extended stay within 8 working days normally or 3 working days in urgent case upon your request